Alaska CEU

Continuing Education for Journeyman Plumbers, Mechanical Administrators, and Residential Endorsement.

No taking time off from work. No expensive traveling to Anchorage. No sitting in a classroom all day. Just sign up and take the course at your convenience. Enjoy self paced learning.

New Strategy for Continuing Educational Requirements

Within the last year the State of Alaska has approved up to 8 hours of CE from the International Mechanical Code as Industry Related instruction for Journeyman Plumber. To those of you who only need to renew your Journeyman license, it is easiest to take my 16 hour Plumbing course offered here at this website. Those of you who will as well renew a Mechanical Administrator license, Residential Endorsement or all three, and need the IMC for your MA license, should take 8 hours from the UPC and 8 hours from the IMC. The strategy is that those two courses will apply to and are approved for all three licenses. You pay once, pass the two - eight hour courses and get certificates for all three. For those of you that have already taken my 16 hour plumbing course but also need the 8 hour IMC course, I will allow you to take the 8 hour IMC course for free and receive the certificates you need.

Any questions just drop me a line at

Journeyman Plumbers

A Journeyman Plumbers (JP) Fitness License is required for all plumbing work performed in the State of Alaska.

JPs are required to have 16 hours of continuing education every two years. There must be a minimum of 8 hours of comprehensive general code and a maximum of 8 hours of industry related education. Alaska CEU's Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) course is 16 hours of comprehensive general code, which meets all the qualifications for Journeyman Plumber continuing education.

Journeyman Plumbers Sign-up Here

Mechanical Administrators

Installation of heating, ventilating, piping, refrigeration, or plumbing systems must be supervised by a licensed mechanical administrator (MA). To be eligible for a MA license, an applicant must verify qualifying work experience and pass an exam. To renew a license, a MA must complete one approved 8-hour continuing education course covering the International Mechanical Code and/or one approved 8-hour continuing education course covering the Uniform Plumbing Code, depending on the category(ies) the person qualifies for.

The seven different licensing categories for MAs include: 1) heating, cooling, and process piping, 2) mechanical systems temperature control, 3) residential HVAC, 4) residential plumbing and hydronic heating, 5) unlimited commercial and industrial plumbing, 6) unlimited HVAC/sheet metal, and 7) unlimited refrigeration.

MAs are required to have a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 16 hours of continuing education every two years depending on the categories of their license. Some categories come under the jurisdiction of the Uniform Plumbing Code and some under the International Mechanical Code. If a license is for categories in both codes, the requirement of continuing education is for 16 hours, 8 from one and 8 from the other. The renewal deadline is every odd numbered year on December 31.

Mechanical Administrators Sign-up Here

Residential Endorsements.

The renewal deadline is every even numbered year on December 31. RE are required to have 16 hours of continued education every two years which may consist of classroom time or a combination of up to 12 hours class time and up to 8 hours of award credit (depending on completed energy rated home).

Residential Endorsement Sign-up Here